Monday, October 21, 2013

ONE BOOK IS UP ON CREATE SPACE

That's one down, and seven to go. My novel, Ladies of the Club, is now available on the Create Space Store, as of today. In a week or so, it will be up on Amazon and Kindle.
This is a re-do of one of my novels my former publisher had in her possession for the last few years. When some of her authors contacted me that there was evidence of embezzlement on our royalties, we all pulled our books down from every site we were on. Then we began the process of self-publishing through Create Space.
My fellow authors breezed through the process, but I found it daunting, to use an old fashioned work.
I could use my "brain-fog lupus" as an excuse, or the fact that I've recently been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century, when I had been quite contented to write novels and occasionally blog. Or the year of my birth could be a cause. Friends my age believe I'm a whiz at all this computer fun, and I have been loving the ability to send my novels electronically first to a publisher, now to Create Space.
But this new method of formatting has me sitting at my laptop, almost in tears that I cannot seem to manage this one aspect of my writing life. And my "benign essential tremors" produced by stress has kicked in, at least for today.
So enough of my excuses and whining. Here's the scoop on my first novel published through Create Space:
Originally titled "The Women of Camp Sobingo," Ladies of the Club is about:
Four women of diverse backgrounds form a bond while en route to join their Army officer husbands in Korea in 1946.
Their experiences in a far-flung military compound strengthen three of the women, but a fourth chooses to end her life, and during a reunion twenty-five years later, long-held dark secrets and sorrows are revealed. 
Take a look at it on the Create Space Store, or you can order from Amazon and Kindle in a few days. 
In the words of the Duck Dynasty clan: "I'm happy, happy, happy."

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful news, Marilyn!
    You kept at it and did what needed to be done. I always feel like I'm running after that computer tech savvy bus and never quite reach it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Marilyn! I'm sure you feel so excited about it. Let me know if you have any questions about Createspace. I use it all the time and am happy to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and best of luck to you. All this technical stuff confuses me too. I haven't been brave enough to self publish. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete